Monday, July 17, 2006

Calgary

So Laural is off to Calgary for a whole week on business. I have to say that it's a little lonely at home. Laural hasn't been away on a business trip in over 2 years. Matthew of course keeps asking "Where's Mommy?", "Mommy on airplane?", and I try to explain as best I can that she is coming home in a few days. Not that he understands that though. It is amazing how quickly your heart sinks when you realize that your partner is not at home, and not even a quick phonecall away. After Matthew goes to sleep, one wonders what there is to do? Watching television isn't any fun when you have all the channel changing power. Cleaning helps, and I think I will go about rearranging and perhaps unpacking some more of the house that we never got around to doing. Sleeping is difficult. It's not that you don't sleep, but there is the nagging sense that something isn't right. Even when you're asleep, you know your partner isn't there. I can only hope that without my snoring, she's getting a better nights sleep than I! :)

2 comments:

Laural Dawn said...

I miss you too!
I don't miss the snoring though!
Give Matty extra hugs and kisses for me.

Anonymous said...

I once had 3 weeks alone without my partner -- hated it. I know what you mean about everything just not being fun anymore. I wound up cleaning too!