- Cleaned "Dora the Explorer" tomato pasta from our sofa, floor, carpet, chair & walls.
- Calmed Matty down from two nightmares, one of which apparently contained both cars AND trains.
- Watched Matty attempt to ride that shiny new Vespa in the parking garage.
- Discoverd that Matty really (REALLY) enjoys the music of Amy Grant, to which he cannot fall asleep without listening to now. (I think Mommy had a part in this, playing this same tape at bedtime to Matty when he was younger)
- Found out what it really feels like to be the most important part of a childs life (temporaraly of course, as Mommy is now home again...)
Seeing Laural at the gate after 5 days of absence was emotionally difficult for me. On one hand, I was saddened that my week of 'one on one' time with my son had come to an end. On the other, I had to fight back tears of joy that my beautiful wife and partner would soon be in my arms again. It was great to come home, put on a pot of coffee, eat some popcorn, and get all the awesome details of her trip. Things feel 'right' once more, and I'll finally be able to get a full nights sleep again.
The next few weeks should prove interesting. We'll be moving back to Laurals parents home for the next two weeks, as Matthews daycare is closed for summer break. I begin councelling for stress and depression. Of course, on top of that is everything else.. Crazy.. Just plain crazy...